Learn how to program new Key Fob for 2008-2016 Chrysler Town&Country, 2008-2020 Dodge Grand Caravan and other related minivans using Appcar software.
✔️ You can program new Key Fob or re-program previously programmed on this vehicle Key Fob.
❌ Programming a used Key Fob, previously programmed for another vehicle, requires unlocking by erasing the internal key memory with a special locksmith tool.
This guide applies to the following cars:
- Chrysler Town & Country 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Chrysler Grand Voyager 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Dodge Grand Caravan 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Lancia Voyager 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Volkswagen Routan 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- RAM Cargo VAN 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
1️⃣ Insert the new Key Fob in the ignition and turn to the RUN position.
If the vehicle is equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go, remove the Engine START/STOP button. Then insert the new Key Fob in the ignition and turn to the RUN position.
EVIC will display message: ‘Key Not Programmed’.
2️⃣ Establish a connection with the vehicle, and run ‘Read PIN Code’ Routine.
You can find it in Diagnostic -> WCM -> Routines. The PIN code will be needed when programming the new Key Fob.
👉 How to read PIN Code
3️⃣ Run ‘Program Ignition Keys or Key FOBs’ routine
On the first step you will see the number of currently programmed keys. Usually can be a maximum of 8.
In the second step, you have to enter the 4-digit PIN code.
Then the ignition module will start the Key Fob programming procedure. It may take several seconds.
After a while you should see the programming result and the number of currently programmed key fobs – one more than before 👌
4️⃣ If the vehicle is equipped with a Keyless Go
and the programmed key supports this function (cheap replacements usually do not support it) – 👉 PEM Replace Routine should be run. You can find it in Diagnostic -> PEM -> Routines.
⚠️ Common causes when the ignition module is unable to program the key:
– wrong key fob type – similar looking key fobs are not interchangeable,
– the key fob was already programmed to another vehicle,
– the maximum number of programmed keys has been exceeded,
– too low or too high key fob battery voltage – should be around 3.3 Volts